Replacement EC Coil Head for Eleaf Melo / Melo 2 / Melo 3 / iJust 2
These replacement EC coil heads are intended for use with Eleaf's Melo, Melo 2, and Melo 3 Sub Ohm Clearomizers. They will also work with the Eleaf iJust 2 Sub Ohm Clearomizer. EC coils use 100% organic cotton as wicking material, resulting in pure flavor from your e-liquids and great vapor production.
Regular EC coils use kanthal wire and are best suited for Variable Wattage devices only. EC TC-Ti coils use Titanium wire and EC TC-Ni coils feature Nickel (Ni200) wire. As temperature sensing coils, TC-Ti and TC-Ni coils are only
intended for use with temperature control devices. They feature gold-plated pins for excellent conductivity. Please note: to find the ideal temperature range for these coils, we recommend starting out at a lower temperature setting first and gradually increasing it until you find the "sweet spot" for the e-liquid you are using. Please ensure you are in the appropriate TC-Ni/TC-Ti mode on your TC mod.
Changing the coil on the Melo 2 atomizer is easy: simply unscrew the base of the tank, unscrew the old coil and screw in a new one. Finally, screw the base back onto the tank. Please note: It is important to prime your new coil by dripping e-liquid onto the exposed cotton, as well as setting your tank aside for a few moments after refilling. This will ensure the new coil is properly saturated and will not burn.
EC coil heads are available in several types. Please ensure you select the correct type to match the device you are using - only use TC-Ti and TC-Ni coils with temperature control devices.
- EC coil - Kanthal wire / white band - 0.3 ohm (30-80W range) - Use with Variable Wattage devices capable of handling sub ohm coils
- EC coil - Kanthal wire / white band - 0.5 ohm (30-100W range) - Use with Variable Wattage devices capable of handling sub ohm coils
- EC TC-Ti coil - Titanium wire / red band - 0.5 ohm - Only use with Temperature Control devices /TC-Ti mode on your TC mod
- EC TC-Ni coil - Nickel wire / blue band - 0.15 ohm - Only use with Temperature Control devices /TC-Ni mode on your TC mod
Price is for a single (1) coil. Get a Quantity Discount when you buy 5 or more coils - view "Quantity Pricing" in the menu above.
PLEASE NOTE: Please only use the regular EC (white band) sub ohm coils with devices capable of handling sub ohm builds. If using a mechanical mod, please only use High Drain batteries with a high amp limit; if using a variable power mod, please use High Drain batteries in a device capable of putting out 30W or higher. NEVER use sub ohm coils on an eGo battery or a device unequipped to support sub ohm coils. It is for your safety!
Only use EC TC-Ti (red band) and EC TC-Ni (blue band) with devices capable of temperature control. NEVER use temperature sensing coils in devices which are not equipped with a temperature control feature. It is for your safety!
- When refilling the Melo 2, always close off the airflow control first. Not doing so will prevent the formation of an air seal inside the clearomizer, and may cause leaking.
- Do not overfill the clearomizer, and when possible, don't allow the tank to get below 1/3 full. This helps maintain the "vacuum" in the tank, prevents leaks, and ensures your coil head does not dry out.
- When unfastening the base (or atomizer head), the seals are temporarily broken and liquid may leak from the mouthpiece or escape into the center tube. Always wrap a cloth or piece of tissue around the mouthpiece when unfastening the base of the Clearomizer.
- Gurgling noise or leaks: This is a sign that liquid has found its way into the metal tube in the center of the clearomizer (and usually occurs after a refill). Ridding the center tube of liquid will resolve the issue. To do so without emptying the tank, remove the clearomizer from your device, wrap a cloth or tissue around the lower end of the clearomizer and blow through the mouthpiece.
- The atomizer head can unfasten (from the base) when unscrewing the base. Always secure the atomizer head before reinstalling the base of the clearomizer.
- It is normal to find a small amount of liquid in the contact area of your device when removing the clearomizer or any atomizer. We recommend cleaning the contact area of your device before charging it.
- Depending on frequency of use and type of e-liquid used, atomizer heads have an average lifespan between 10 to 20 days. When the atomizer head wears down, it may begin to leak, and/or vapor production and flavor quality are reduced. Replace the atomizer head with a new one if available.
- When using EC TC-Ti or EC TC-Ni coils, start out with a lower temperature setting, and gradually increase by flavor. As with regular EC coils on Variable Wattage devices, different types of e-juice may all result in a different "sweet spot", depending on the vaper's individual taste preferences.
Please note: Due to the nature of this item, we cannot offer warranty, exchange or returns except if DOA.