Vertical Organic Cotton Coil (OCC) Replacement Head for Kanger Subtank series
Available in 0.2 ohm, 0.5 ohm, 1.2 ohm, and 1.5 ohm (+/- .2) resistance.
These latest replacement coil heads are intended for the Kanger Subtank Plus, Subtank Mini
and Subtank Nano
and are not
compatible with other Kanger clearomizers. Unlike the original OCC coils, they feature a vertical
coil with modified liquid intake holes. The wire is made of NiChrome (NiCr)
and the wicking material is Japanese organic cotton, for excellent, clean flavor from your e-liquids and big clouds of vapor! These vertical OCC coils can also handle a higher wattage output than the horizontal OCC coils.
Changing the coil is easy: simply unscrew the base of the Kanger Subtank, unscrew the old coil and replace with a new one! To fill the Subtank, hold the unit up-side-down, unscrew the base and fill with e-liquid (be careful not to get any e-liquid down the center tube - a needle-tip bottle
makes the task effortless.) Screw the base back on and you are ready to vape. If using a new coil, we highly recommend priming it by dripping 2-3 drops of e-liquid onto the exposed cotton on the coil. After filling your Subtank, please allow a few minutes for the e-liquid to fully saturate the coil if using a brand new vertical OCC coil.
PLEASE NOTE: As with the Aspire Atlantis, please only use the sub ohm OCC heads with devices capable of handling sub ohm coils. If using a mechanical mod, please only use High Drain batteries with a high amp limit; if using a variable power mod, please use High Drain batteries in a device capable of putting out 20W or higher. NEVER use sub ohm coils on an eGo battery or a device that can not handle sub ohm coils. It is for your safety!
Price is for a single piece. Get a Quantity Discount when you buy 5 or more coils - view "Quantity Pricing" in the menu above.
Recommended wattage range:
0.2 ohm (sub ohm): 25W ~ 80W
0.5 ohm (sub ohm): 15W ~ 60W
1.2 ohm: 12W ~ 25W
1.5 ohm: 10W ~ 26W
- The metal tube in the center of the clearomizer leads from the mouthpiece to the battery end. Avoid getting liquid in this tube when filling the unit.
- When unfastening the base (atomizer head) to refill the clearomizer, the seals are temporarily broken and liquid will leak from the mouthpiece or escape into the center tube. Always wrap a cloth or piece of tissue around the mouthpiece when unfastening the base of the unit.
- Gurgling noise or leaks: This is a sign that liquid has found its way into the metal tube in the center of the atomizer (and usually occurs after a refill). Ridding the center tube of liquid will resolve the issue. To do so without emptying the tank, remove the atomizer from the battery, wrap a cloth or tissue around the battery end of the atomizer and blow through the mouthpiece.
- It is normal to find a small amount of liquid in the battery contact area when removing the atomizer. We recommend cleaning the battery before charging it.
- When possible, keep the tank full and never below 1/3 full of eLiquid ("topped off"). This helps maintain the "vacuum" in the tank and prevent leaks.
- Atomizer heads have an average lifespan between 10 to 20 days. Lifespan depends on several factors such as usage, type of e-liquid used, and others. When the atomizer head wears down, vapor and flavor production decreases and the coil may begin to leak. Replace the atomizer head with a new one if available.
Please note: Due to the nature of this item, we cannot offer warranty, exchange or returns except if DOA.